Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blog in the Field

This blog is from the perspective of a high school English teacher. What really drew me into this blog was how it seemed like it could be an amazing tool for me to use when I have my own classroom. The blog offers various methods of using technology in an English class as well as step-by-step instructions for using this technology. The teacher also offers a large amount of reading material that will interest even the most reluctant of readers. Because I love reading so much it is just audacious to think that someone could find it a tortuous experience to go through. This is something that has always scared me a little bit about teaching a large variety of students because I feel I do not have an adequate list of novels to pick from for students who just plain hate reading. It also helps that the teacher posted a bunch of pop culture type references and entries which would help me connect more to my students who have an interest in these types of things. An example of this would be video games. I have terrible hand-eye coordination and so video games have never been my forte. But reading this blog would give terrific insight into video games that would help me engage my students and create a stronger bond between us. This is a blog that I could continue to reference since it offers a wide variety of teaching and skills needed to keep up with the changing world of education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment