Hi! My name is Kasey and I am a third year student at
University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh. I am currently going for my bachelor’s degree
in Secondary Education – English and start my clinical program next
week! I am from De Pere Wisconsin but moved here from Florida when I was ten. I
grew up with a younger brother and two rambunctious dogs. Growing up I would
read anything I could get my hands on and liked working with people and making
a difference in how people perceive language arts which is what helped me decide
to become a teacher. My goal is to teach English in either an upper level
middle school or lower level high school classroom setting. Like I said earlier
I love to read but lately I haven’t had a ton of time to read anything besides
assignments for classes. However, in the little free time I actually I have
been trying to catch up on some young adult novels. I recently finished Wonder by R.J. Palacio and it was
absolutely phenomenal, I would highly recommend it. It speaks about differences
and how they affect not just one person but every single member of the
community as well as addresses the stigma that comes along with being
different.
No comments:
Post a Comment